Android / iOS
Update the app on the App Store/Google Play store to the most recent version.
Open the Zoom app
Choose Settings (Gear icon)
iOS: choose Meetings then scroll down to reveal “Use Original Sound”
Android: find setting labeled “Use Original Sound”
Toggle “Use Original Sound” to On
Initiate a Zoom meeting
Choose the “. . . More” icon
Choose “Enable Original Sound”
Note: You must enable original sound each time you want to use it on a new call
Note: you must change BOTH your online account and your client settings for this feature to work properly. Both sets of instructions are below. You must also turn on the option (or ensure it is on) when you join a meeting.
To enable Preserve Original Sound on your online account
1. Sign in to your Zoom account on their website
2. Go to Settings.
3. Go to the Meeting tab.
4. Under “In Meeting (Advanced)”, make sure that “Allow users to select original sound in their client settings” is enabled.
Turning on the option in the Zoom Client
0. Make sure your Zoom client is up to date.
1. In the Zoom client, click on Settings.
2. Choose the Audio tab.
3. Go to Advanced Settings at the very bottom
4. Check “Show in-meeting option to ‘Enable Original Sound’ from microphone” I also recommend matching the settings as I have them configured above.
Note: If you have enabled the setting online but cannot find the setting in your Zoom application. Log out and back in on the app and the option should appear.
Note: I also recommend using the settings below for audio processing. The high fidelity music mode is highly recommended if you have a fast enough internet connection to accommodate it.
Preserving Original Sound in a Meeting
Once in a meeting, the option to turn on Original Sound will now appear in the top left corner of your Zoom window.
If you see this “original sound” is turned off and you need to click on the icon once.
If you see this “original sound” is turned on and you do not need to modify anything.